ESCApe software incorporates complete instrument control, data acquisition and data processing in one single user-friendly software package. It is the latest generation of software for use with AXIS Supra+ and AXIS Nova photoelectron spectrometers running on a MS Windows operating system.
ESCApe is centred on its usability for all. It controls all aspect of the Kratos AXIS instruments with a fully motorised system which provides a solution to difficult and time consuming manual operation.
The instrument can be operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Up to 3 samples bars can be loaded into the instrument at one time
- Automated exchange between sample bars
- Allows continuous sample analysis and high-throughput
From novice users to technical experts, the simple analysis workflow allows a user of any technical/scientific ability to operate a Kratos instrument
- Multiuser tool or dedicated research instrument
- Administrator has full control of instrument user permissions
Data Acquisition and Processing
ESCApe has a simple layout to navigate through your analysis workflow:
- Several ways to define analysis positions
- Predefined experimental methods
- Incorporated database of elemental information
- Automated peak identification gives quantification report of surface composition
- Elemental and chemical state analysis through peak modelling
- Internal data processing for complex spectra
- Reporting features
Overall, this user friendly approach is designed for easy high throughput analysis, data processing and reporting.
Complex Experimental Setup and Data Processing
With the predefined methods available, complex experiments can be created with ease. Templates can be tailored to suit experimental requirements where methods can be saved and recalled for further analysis at a later date.
Individual and stitched parallel images display elemental and chemical state information where selected area spectroscopy can be performed from selected locations on these XP images. ESCApe also has the capability of spectromicroscopy to reconstruct spectra from specific regions of interest.
ESCApe’s group array feature allows a series of analysis positions to be created as a single points, lines or a grid. The results from the locations within this group can be displayed as elemental or chemical state distribution maps to visually interpret the homogeneity of a sample surface.
With ESCApe’s control of vacuum operations and gas handling, complex depth profile experiments have never been more achievable
- Automated regulation of gas
- Depth profile using more than one etch mode
- Simple data processing
ARXPS experiments are easy to perform, with the output of reconstructed depth profiles to analyse the elemental and chemical distribution through layered materials.
Data Output and Reporting
Acquired and processed data can be exported out of ESCApe in several ways to aid data reporting:
- Individual or bulk export into Excel
- Copy to clipboard feature which allows spectra to be transferred into another programme, such as Microsoft Word
- Exported to VAMAS format for processing in third-party data analysis software packages
ESCApe supports multiuser capabilities allows the administrator to set up numerous user accounts of different expert levels in order to facilitate the use of the instrument as a multiuser tool or dedicated research instrument
- Standard: user can acquire and process data but cannot access engineering controls
- Expert: user has full, unrestricted control of instrument
- Custom: user is able to define their own permissions
The data organiser provides intuitive interaction with the content of the experiment file with icons indicating the type of data object such as image, spectrum, sample height optimisation or line scan. The data is linked to a specific acquisition location defined during the experimental set-up.
All data processing steps are also saved with the data objects providing full traceability.
Enquire about ESCApe
Get in touch to find out more or contact your local distributor directly.